On Sun, 1 Apr 2012, Bill Barry wrote:

>  I missed the clue that you did not get wifi access at home either. I
> retract my guesses and concur with John Meissen. Your ethernet
> configuration is probably interfering with the wifi. Is your eth0
> configuration set to come up and down automatically when the ethernet
> cable is plugged in and out or is it always configured ethernet cable or
> not?

   The ethernet interface is RUNNING only when there's a cable attached. On
the Toshiba, Sony, and Dell, ifconfig shows lo, eth0, and wlan0 at all
times. Only lo and EITHER eth0 or wlan0 is RUNNING depending on whether
there's an ethernet cable stuck in the side.

   The configuration of networking on the Sony is exactly the same as it is
on the Dell except for the host IP address; they're both running
Slackware-13.37/x86_64 and both have /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1.conf configured the
same way but for the specific host IP address.

Rich