On Mon, 29 Jun 2015 21:20:20 -0700
John Jason Jordan <joh...@comcast.net> dijo:

>I ordered the LH2280DW from B&H this morning. Supposed to be here
>Thursday.

It arrove yesterday, but too late to get it properly working before I
had to leave for the meeting. This morning I set out to get it working
but after a while I gave up trying to set up a driver via Xubuntu and
went to Brother's website. They have a couple bash scripts (debian and
RPM versions) that pull in various packages and install them. Works
great now, even the scanner. Nice to have a copy machine in the house.
In fact, it will function as a copy machine without even being connected
to a computer.

My only problem as yet is to get it to print an envelope from
LibreOffice. The envelope always jams because it keeps trying to duplex
it. I haven't yet hit on the proper incantations to get it to work.