On 1/14/2017 4:52 PM, wes wrote:
> all you need to do is set an IP address on each system. use your google-fu
> to find out how to do this in the OS running on each of those systems. for
> example:
>
> https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=how+to+set+an+ip+address+on+windows+xp
>
> https://www.google.com/#safe=off&q=how+to+set+an+ip+address+on+debian

Google did not respond to the _format_ you show, but did respond to
https://www.google.com/search?q=how+to+set+an+ip+address+on+windows+xp
[perhaps as I have JavaScript disabled?]

The discussion of assigning specific IP addresses was premature,
I didn't have enough background. A duckduckgo search hit on a
wikipedia page that wasn't productive on its own . However
following chains of links was.