On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Lou <knight4li...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys. I would like to know your opinion and experiences with ISP near
> Gresham. I recently moved to zip code 97230.
>
> What is the best ISP that will let me use my own modem and router? I like
> to tink and install custom firmwares like DD-WRT and LibreCMC.
>
>  I read that if I get Fiber-optic that one does not need a modem, and the
> router just have to be compatible with the ISP. Is that correct? But if the
> router for FiOS dosnt let me flash custom firmware. Then I will chose
> something else (e.g. cable).

These days, your ISP options are limited. Your choices are basically
whoever actually has connections to your residence, wireless providers in
your area, or satellite. There may be some great providers out there, but,
unless they have media connected to your house, there is no point in asking
about them. You indicated you are in 97230, which is Parkrose. Makes no
difference what ISPs are in Gresham. It looks like your choices are
CenturyLink DSL, XFinity cable, and possibly Frontier fiber (if they have
it to your house).

Michael