I've had similar experiences with Comcast dropping emails. My church uses a third party company to send bulk email announcements to all of its members. Comcast drops these on the floor with no error reply. I set up a gmail account to receive my church email that automatically forwards to my Comcast account. So my situation is:

<church email> -> Comcast = dropped with no error

<church email> -> gmail -> Comcast = Successfully received

I can only conclude that Comcast drops email from certain sources without telling us what it is doing.

Steve