On 02/17/2018 11:07 PM, Tomas Kuchta wrote:
I use mainly KDE/Gnome so things are probably different with Mate,
depending on your login manager. You could change that, I guess.

I don't understand the string "KDE/Gnome".
I thought that KDE and Gnome were both Desktop Environments - an "either/or" situation.
I gotten hints in my reading so far that KDE has some WM-like properties.
Just color me confuzed ;/

On the physical PC - I start new independent graphical session by locking
the screen and starting new session with different user. Switching between
the session is done by Ctrl+Alt+F7-8-9-...

For remote multi terminal access there is ssh for text or VNC for graphical
environment.

For purposes of my question my universe consists of a single physical Lenovo T510.

Tomas