From: plug-boun...@pdxlinux.org [mailto:plug-boun...@pdxlinux.org] On Behalf Of
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2018 12:20 PM
To: Portland Linux/Unix Group <plug@pdxlinux.org>
Subject: [PLUG] Looking for a new ubuntu laptop to connect to 2 external
monitors

I'm starting to research laptop options for my new work machine. I like to run
ubuntu and I really want to get a laptop that I can connect to my 2 desktop
monitors for most of my use. (yes I basically want something that functions
like a docked machine/desktop, except for the ability to take it to meetups,
travelling, etc.)

I think that as long as I get something with a discrete video card, I should be
fine with connecting 2 external monitors with one rotated 90 degrees. I tried
with a laptop with onboard graphics and rotated monitors would never work. From
some research it looks like. Other people have had luck with multiple external
monitors and rotation on linux as long as they were using nvidia cards.

Anyone on the LUG running a Dell precision laptop with multiple external
monitors? Just curious if anyone had found they had an easy or a miserable time
with them.

Thanks,
Purcell