Let me get you the config files, let us not break our heads on it
until you can look at them. I know on the web screens I set up
port 50 to have vlan 20 tagged on both ends. In my megre work
in this area, it seems that I always did the same thing, the link
carrying the camera VLAN went on a separate path to keep
possible latence down due to competition for the link path.

This is the same case the cameras are on VLAN 20, it is a
total network island because the stinking cameras call home,
and the best way to avoid it is just to put them on and island
network. This is the first time I can recall having this issue. in
the past I just tagged the two ends of the link and my video
data went that direction. All the rest went with VLAN 1 on
the other link.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2020 at 4:15 AM Mike C. <mconno...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > That is what I was thinking based on the other Cisco doc I read all I
> need
> > to do is set both of the two fibre links up as trunks and it should work,
> > but there is another one that also said the part about tagging. I have
> VLAN
> > 20 (the VLANS are 1, 10 and 20) on port 50 on both ends, I have also
> removed
> > it but still no joy.\
>

> Just to be clear, with port based vlans, which is what you have, a port can
> only belong to 1 untagged vlan. So when you have a port set to untagged w.
> the pvid set, then that port will only be in the default / native vlan,
> which is VLAN 1 on most network equipment vendors. This is often used as
> the management vlan.
>
> However, you can only have 1 untagged vlan per port. Any other vlans you
> want that port to handle must be tagged. Otherwise, all those packets will
> be treated as they're part of the default / native vlan.
>
> Which seems to be what you have configured. VLAN 1 untagged pvid on P49 and
> VLAN 20 untagged pvid on P50 on both switches.
>
> And that makes me reconsider my earlier statement:
>
> Switch B
> >
> > 49 GE49 Enabled Disabled STP Root 20000 128 Forwarding
> > 32768-f0:29:29:f5:43:bd 128-97 0 1
> > 50 GE50 Enabled Disabled STP Alternate 20000 128 Discarding
> > 32768-f0:29:29:f5:43:bd 128-98 0 0
> > This one says discarding for port 50, so suspect that is the issue.
> >

> Normally, the way this is designed and configured when there's multiple
> uplinks is to create a LAG or MLT, a trunk group that carries all VLANs.
> This provides more bandwidth and failover redundancy.
>
> But you haven't said anything about a LAG configuration and if you don't
> have any traffic traversing P50, if memory serves until you take the fibre
> link down on P49. Is that correct?
>
> Therefore, if you want this to work you will have to tag vlan 10, 20 on
> port 49 and port 50 and you will have only 1 active uplink over which all
> VLANs traverse.
>
> Then in the event of a failure of the active uplink, Spanning Tree will
> reconfigure and use P50.
>
> Does that make sense at all? This is difficult to troubleshoot and explain
> over email without the configs.

Chuck Hast  -- KP4DJT --
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Ph 4:13 KJV
Todo lo puedo en Cristo que me fortalece.
Fil 4:13 RVR1960