I was going to broach this subject as well Galen. I didn't because the
original poster decided not to pursue a solution to the problem posed. I
only recently discovered this "feature". I was already unimpressed with
Chromebooks based on my personal experience with one. The end of support
policy just makes them that much more unappealing.
Johnathan