Here's the output from 'free' in crosh with the Debian VM running:

crosh> shell
chronos@localhost / $ sudo su -
localhost ~ # free -tm
              total        used        free      shared  buff/cache
available
Mem:           3806        2732         231         287         842
369
Swap:          5575        2352        3222
Total:         9381        5084        3454

And here's 'free' from within the Debian VM:

rwcitek@penguin:~$ free -tm
               total        used        free      shared  buff/cache
available
Mem:            2777           8        2744           0          25
 2769
Swap:              0           0           0
Total:          2777           8        2744

This is on a Dell 3100 2-in-1.  So, this is an Intel Celeron and not a
Snapdragon CPU.

localhost ~ # grep name /proc/cpuinfo | uniq -c
      2 model name      : Intel(R) Celeron(R) N4020 CPU @ 1.10GHz

What are you wanting to do in Linux?  I'd be happy to try it out.

Regards,
- Robert