On Wed, 23 Mar 2022 19:44:07 -0700
Keith Lofstrom <kei...@kl-ic.com> dijo:

>How do I configure lightdm for a screen rotated right?
>
>However, the login screen for mate-ubuntu uses the lightdm
>display manager, and I haven't yet figured out how to
>rotate the screen for that login page.
>
>Frankly, I would prefer to log in from the same text
>screen as boot, THEN have a LOGIN SCRIPT fire up Mate
>instead of a GUI greeter, but I don't know how to make
>that happen either.

I have a similar problem with one of my computers, which has a 4K
screen. I use Xfce, but lightdm still produces the login screen, and it
is tiny, unreadable. Luckily, all I need do is type in my password and
hit enter, so it's not a huge deal, but it would be nice if I could
double the size of the minute login window.

I haven't tried doing this, but could you boot to a root prompt, log
in, then do 'start x' or whatever the current command to engage the GUI
is? Oh, and I tried this as a solution to my problem, but as soon as
the boot process starts the dmesg-type text scrolling past jumps down to
about 4-5 points, again, unreadable.

I think the problem is that the initial boot process assumes a VGA
display, and if you're using something higher, too bad for you.