I want to purchase a KVM switch that allows me to switch an HP Compaq
LA1951g monitor between two desktop workstations. One workstation has a
Radeon Pro WX 4100 video card with 4 mini-displayports, the other has a
Radeon Pro WX 2100 video card with 2 mini-displayports and 1 displayport.

My web searches find KVM switches for 2 or 3 monitors and a couple of hits
for 1 monitor/2 computers (the latter presents Newegg and Amazon), but the
descriptions all say 'dual monitors.'

Not being a hardware guy I need recommendations for a KVM switch that would
allow me to use one USB/DIN keyboard and trackball and the 1280x1024 monitor
with two desktop workstations which have mini-display ports in common. (I
assume there are mini-displayport to displayport adapters, and vice versa.)