On Thu, 30 Jun 2022, Joseph Carter wrote:

1. It's astonishing that a brand new USB-C KVM switch knows what a windows
key is, since they all seem to be built with otherwise 101 key PC-AT/PS2
keyboards and never tested (and definitely never working with) absolutely
anything else.

Joseph,

I use small keyboards (mini-keyboards) that are the same size and
configuration as those on laptops. I never had a use for separate number
pads or the other windoze-specific stuff they put on them.

2. Randomly disconnecting video and input devices from X.org seems to send
it into a permanent DPMS power saving mode from which it refuses to wake
up.

So Tomas wrote, too.

3. They just seem to suddenly stop working, randomly.

That's not nice.

I'll re-learn how to set up network file system (NFS) and use that to mount
the secondary desktop on the primary desktop.

Thanks for sharing!