On Tue, Jul 5, 2022, 17:56 Joseph Carter <tjcar...@spiritsubstance.com>
wrote:

> > I'll re-learn how to set up network file system (NFS) and use that to
> mount
> > the secondary desktop on the primary desktop.
> >
> > Thanks for sharing!
>
> These days it seems like SMB is the most standard solution for that. I
> know people want nothing to do with SMB because "it's a Microsoft thing" …
> but no, at this point it's kind of not. Both Apple and the Samba team have
> extended SMB quite a bit for specifically working with UNIX systems. Not
> just UNIX permissions either—ACLs and extended attributes too. These things
> typically are not supported by the aging NFS systems out there. If NFS
> gives you any headaches, I recommend giving samba a shot.

NFS or SMB/CIFS have nothing to do with KVM sharing. Perhaps, Rich thought
that VNC is misspelled NFS, no idea.

That said, please re-discover modern NFS before making these
sweeping/generalized statements.

The major point of NFS is meant for multi-user system like *nix. It can be
mounted by the system without sharing user credentials. It is more
performant, distributed, ...

In short, NFS is different kind of animal than CIFS. Both NFS and CIFS
serve different purpose and come from different starting points.

Just my 2¢, -T