"I don't often view news site or youtube videos but it's the same issue with
them as it is was the Zoom meeting. The other issue with Zoom is that  heard
unclear sound throught the Creative Pebble speakers that were installed, and no
sound through the Panasonic headset. Yet, the headset had no problem with my
tests of a news site video or a youtube video."

So, to be clear, do you only have a problem with inbound voice audio quality
from the Internet?

Have you monitored resource, cpu/memory, usage when you're experiencing this
problem?

Maybe even shutdown and power back on your pc. Open up 1 browser instance and
only 1 tab for zoom or jitsi and test?

You can even look at resource usage in your browser. All the browsers I use
have a "Task Manager" under "Settings."

I suspect both Zoom & Jitsi are resource intensive web apps.