On Sun, 16 Apr 2023, MC_Sequoia wrote:

So, to be clear, do you only have a problem with inbound voice audio
quality from the Internet?

Mike,

Yes.

Have you monitored resource, cpu/memory, usage when you're experiencing this
problem?

I've watched gkrellm.

Maybe even shutdown and power back on your pc. Open up 1 browser instance
and only 1 tab for zoom or jitsi and test?

I rebooted yesterday morning to make the drives in the MediaSonic Probox
mount and be visible.

I suspect both Zoom & Jitsi are resource intensive web apps.

Zoom seemed to be useing all 8 cores/16 threads Friday. I could see the
other attendees, and all of them could hear me, but I could not hear them
using the headphones and the speakers produces very unclear (garbled?)
output.

The new audio card is to be delivered tomorrow. I'll install it and test the
voice output from 'Net videos.

I've not found a Zoom test meeting that sends me audio. When I have the test
meeting open the video, mic, and headphones work fine. I assume that when I
hear myself speak it's all local and not out to Zoom and back again.

Regards,