On Mon, 11 Sep 2023 12:50:09 -0700
John Jason Jordan <joh...@gmx.com> dijo:

>Nevertheless I did get it installed, and now it's on to figuring out if
>Debian 12 will really work for me. :)

And once more I had to power down he computer because the virtual
machine had captured the mouse and keyboard, and *after* I had
minimized the machine, so I had no way to make it release the mouse and
keyboard.

Normally release is done with the Right-Ctrl key, but if you're in the
host and the guest has exclusive control of mouse and keyboard, you have
no Right-Ctrl key; you have no keyboard or mouse at all. If the window
for the guest is minimized in the host, you are dead in the water, and
sunk to the bottom.

I can't remember what they're called, but they're little windows that
an application pops up with some attribute that completely locks the OS
until the little window gets what it wants. I suspect that one of these
little windows popped up in the guest right after I minimized its
window in the host.

This is a VirtualBox issue, not a Debian problem. I need a solution. I
can't keep having my computer locked up every half hour or so.