On 9/27/23 16:13, Dick Steffens wrote:
On 9/27/23 16:10, Bill Barry wrote:
Yes, I would definitely take it out of the circuit and test it. There
is little else that can go wrong with a UPS. Especially since all the
warning signals are working.

BIll

Probably tomorrow. Thanks for confirming the idea.

The old battery was down to 11.something V at the battery place, and their tester said it had an internal resistance in the 40s. The new battery has an internal resistance of 100 something.

With the new battery, the UPS starts up normally.

I have the feeling that the old battery wasn't that old, but I haven't found the receipt, so it could be over a year. The guy said they use the same battery in their alarm system, and it's expected to last 5 years. I'm going to tape a note to the UPS with today's date and the expectation of 5 years.

I'm also going to set it up for my other office computer, since I moved its UPS to the main one. While I'm at it, I'll use my Kill A Watt to see what each device I plug into it is drawing. I'll start a log of these things for future reference.

Thanks to all who provided advice.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens