On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:00 AM, Scott Jones <sanch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:56 AM, Daniel C. <dcrooks...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Merrill Oveson <move...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > A simple solution is called bob.
> > >
> > > It plugs into wall then into the TV, or whatever.  You set the time of
> > > day, time allowed, etc.
> > > When the times up the power is cut.  (For a computer, plug it into the
> > monitor.)
> >
> > I'm sure no 14 year old would ever consider moving the monitor's power
> > cord to a different outlet...
> >

>  My boys are pretty determined, so this has to be something that's beyond
> the reach of a wall plug monitor device. ClearOS does look interesting. I
> will grab it tonight when I get home and see how it works!

This reminds me of my brother in law who when he was 15 his parents took
away the computer power cable to revoke his access to the computer which was
in the basement.  He used the computer happily for a few weeks without his
parents knowing, then his dad decided to give his access back and went down
to reconnect the power cable and was busted because he didn't remove his
power cable.  I wouldn't doubt the ability of 12+ age kids to work around
simple things like power.  :)