And locked on the monitor?

And the computer doesn't have any form of tv out?

and there aren't any other monitors in the house?

I got around much harder impediments than any of this stuff when I was a teenager.

The very best thing you can do it put the computer in a public area and actually track them. Next best will be to lock the router in a closet somewhere (key lock, metal door), lock down the network to a proxy (like dansguardian, etc) and even then they may find ways around it.

Never underestimate the ingenuity of nerd children.

:)