<quote name="Levi Pearson" date="Tue,  3 Aug 2010 at 16:10 -0600">
> In fact, from my research the ICT isn't supposed to cause audio
> downgrade.  There's also a Digital Only token, which completely shuts
> off analog output, but I don't think anyone's planning on using that.
>

>   --Levi

My understanding was that hd over compenent was still digital and not
analog. I have my computer set up to output 720p over compenent and it
looks absolutely amazing. Makes me want to put windows on it to play some
classic RTS games (like TA). :) My TV is only 720p so I can't test 1080p,
but my guess is it would work just fine, besides the blue ray problems
mentioned. It seems really odd that blueray does that, since HDMI != HDCP
and HDCP is pretty much dead. It's hard to even find a TV that does HDCP
anymore, not that anyone would ever want to. There was a HUGE backlash
from consumers over that fiasco. So basically, you have blueray
downgrading when it's not HDMI, but HDMI isn't copy protected anyway, so
I suppose you could buy an HDMI switch that also outputs compenent.
blueray -HDMI-> switch -compenent-> TV. A little round about and annoying,
but puts sony and their CRAP in their place.
--
Government is a disease that masquerades as its own cure
-- Robert Lefevre