On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Steve Meyers <steve-p...@spwiz.com> wrote:
> The HDfury3 supports two features that I would like.  The first is
> user-selectable EDID, so I could tell it not to support 1080p (since the
> Hauppauge HD PVR doesn't support 1080p).  The second feature is DTS 5.1
> digital audio out.
>
> The first I think I can probably fix in the set top box.  The second is
> more of a problem, but I'm not sure I care enough to pay the extra ($260
> vs $145 on Amazon).
>
> Do you have an HDfury?

I don't have one, I just did a little bit of research on HDMI
converter boxes recently.  The HDFury2 is also available on monoprice
for a similar price to the other one you mentioned, and of the two,
I'd go with the HDFury.  It has digital audio output, auto-centering
of the image, and dynamic range scaling.  It's hard to tell how it
compares with the one you linked, but it just seems like what you're
getting is better documented with the HDFury.

        --Levi