On 8/3/10 2:55 PM, Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
> I connected my Sony Blue-Ray player (via component) and the video
> setup allows for 720p or 1080i (but not 1080p, in harmony with what
> has been mentioned in this thread). Will I really get 720p/1080i over
> component?

I've been looking to get one of these:
http://www.curtpalme.com/HDFury2.shtm

It would allow 1080p over component from a Blu-ray player.  I just found
a cheaper one that appears to decode HDCP as well:
http://www.dinodirect.com/converter-hdmi-vga/AFFID-37.html

I haven't bought either one, so I can't vouch for quality.  I actually
have an HDMI-supporting HDTV, but I was considering one of these for
getting video into MythTV.