On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Steven Morrey <sdalemor...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, glad to know that information.
> Just another quick question but is it better to have a general MBA or a
> specialized MBA such as MBA in IT Management?  I have the choice of taking
> the specialization but it means an extra 6 months, mostly focusing on ITIL
> topics.  On the other hand, overspecialization has caused many species to
> become extinct.

At the risk of sounding smarmy...  It's better to develop the skills
that will make piles of cash for your employer.  Learn skills that
will help make you so incredibly valuable, that you have many good
employers lusting after your talents.  I would wager that a general
MBA is more common (and therefore less valuable) than a more
specialized MBA in IT Management.  But I think both options are far
less valuable than actual experience helping a company succeed -- not
just working somewhere, but actually being instrumental in that
organization's success.

My advice would be to read this book and seriously consider its
message:
http://www.amazon.com/Linchpin-Are-Indispensable-Seth-Godin/dp/1591843162

-Bryan