> I can only speak from my experience working in one of the largest IT teams in
> Utah. Having such a specialization would, indeed, make you a more
> valuable/desirable candidate. Especially so at larger organizations that tend
> to practice ITIL. If it came down to MBA with 6 months experience versus
> IT-MBA(ITIL) and no experience, I'd pick the IT MBA candidate. Also, don't
> puke at the Excel classes. Making pretty pivot tables is an oddly valuable
> thing. We have a handful of pivot table masters at work, and they really are
> impressive.
>
> -Ryan

Thanks for the info, I think I may go with the MBA IT specialization,
I guess it won't hurt and if I find I've painted myself into a career
corner I guess I can always drop the specialization from my resume.

Looking at the course material pivot tables in excel don't appear to
be a core competency, but it does focus heavily on MS Project.  Is
that widely used?

When I was actually managing a large deployment project, we used
sharepoint for the project management stuff, but that was at huge
company too, not sure anything that big is actually in Utah.