On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Grant Shipley <gship...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Recruiters normally get paid a % of your hourly wage.  So, they are
> interested in a higher salary and longer term contracts.

They get a % of my hourly wage? This is sounding more and more sketchy.

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Aaron Toponce <aaron.topo...@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > I generally try to avoid them. They're not interested, usually, in
> > maximizing your salary, and they're never interested in whether or not
> the
> > job turns out to be a permanent one for you. They're only interested in
> the
> > bonuses they receive on a successful hire.
>

> > With that said, sometimes they're the only route to take, when all else
> > fails, and their help on getting you a job is certainly better than
> > nothing, and they do all the heavy lifting on the job search.

Well I'm currently employed, but looking for something better. I'm not in a
hurry by any means. I think I'm going to skip the recruiter for now. Thanks
for the advice.

--
Eric Jacobs