On Wednesday 20 July 2011, Eric Jacobs wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Grant Shipley <gship...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Recruiters normally get paid a % of your hourly wage.  So, they are
> > interested in a higher salary and longer term contracts.
>
> They get a % of my hourly wage? This is sounding more and more sketchy.

I don't think they literally get part of your paycheck.  The company just
agrees to pay the recruiter a certain percentage of the salary you are hired
at.  So if they get 10% and you get hired at 100K per year, you still get 100K
per year, but your new employer then pays the recruiter 10K for finding you.

--
Jacob Albretsen
ja...@xmission.com