On 2013-06-10 14:54, Lonnie Olson wrote:
I think at this point all of the rational people that disagree with
marriage equality, do so on the basis of branding.  The use of the
word marriage.  They feel it should be reserved only for the religious
kind of marriage, and the legal one should have to pick a new brand.
I understand this feeling.  However, I think it's time to realize that
the current branding of marriage has already been diluted.  The
objections to building marriage into the legal system should have been
made hundreds of years ago.  I think it's way too late.

To that point, there are a number of religions that have no moral objection to same-sex marriage; the line isn't simply between "religious" marriage and "legal" marriage. Rough citation on the subject: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_on_same-sex_marriage

     Jima