> I was born and raised in a religion that is founded on mass deception,
> and which not only practices it but has turned it into an art form.

???

 All I can say is that I respectfully disagree. I have been inside it - I
have served a mission, have been in a number of leadership positions, have
sat through a lot of meetings, and have visited and got to know a lot of
people through church service. I have seen the difference that faithfulness
in the church makes in their overall qualify of life, ability to reach
their goals, ability to be happy, and the ability to get along with others.
I have seen that difference in my own life as well. I cannot help but quote
Alma 30:34-35 at this point:

"And now, if we do not receive anything for our labors in the church, what
doth it profit us to labor in the church save it were to declare the truth,
that we may have rejoicings in the joy of our brethren?

Then why sayest thou that we preach unto this people to get gain, when
thou, of thyself, knowest that we receive no gain? And now, believest thou
that we deceive this people, that causes such joy in their hearts?"

--
Sasha Pachev

Fast Running Blog.
http://fastrunningblog.com