On 06/11/2013 09:54 AM, Joshua Marsh wrote:

In reading about all this, it reminded me of Phil Whindley's Key note at
OWC. His talk wasn't primarily about security, but more along the lines of
the need to have your own personal cloud. I love the idea of owning your
own data, storing it in a place that you alone control, and using your own
safe guards. Then if the government wanted it, I'd be the person they were
asking.

More likely they'd just hit you repeatedly with an ugly stick, or an old wrench. Then they'd do another ex post facto blanket national security letter to cover the need to acquire your information without your consent. I don't know if the allowed methods of acquisition are limited, but based on the current organizational behavior, I'm guessing it's not limited. One of those "Clear and Present Danger" things.

;-Daniel Fussell