That's not exactly how it works.

Truecrypt functions by hiding AES encrypted data in the "unwritten" areas
of a hard drive. i.e. the free space.
There can be multiple volumes and each password simply unlocks a different
volume.  But it's not the same blocks being used to store different data.
It's different blocks, different data.  Truecrypt just doesn't specify to
anyone that there are multiple hidden volumes or not.  This gives you
plausible deniability.

For instance imagine you had managed to pull a snowden.

You cross customs, they inspect your laptop and notice you have truecrypt
installed.
They can make you cough up your password. So you give them the password for
the volume that contains data that might feasibly need to be secure (such
as tax records), and just don't say anything about your other hidden volume
full of secret sauce recipes.  If you were smart you would have 3 or 4
volumes containing various levels of sensitive info (since they will assume
if you have secured tax records, you probably do have other secret
volumes).  So you keep the super secret stuff to yourself, and divulge a
couple of passwords for data that has a reasonable need to be secure.
Eventually they're going to push you hard and claim  you have something
else hidden and if you don't cough it up then they will keep you and your
laptop until the sun burns out.  Thats when you break down, admit you have
a fetish and give them to password to the volume containing goatse or
someother shocking (but legal) porn.

Whatever you do, never, ever admit that you have actual secret sauce
recipes, let alone a password to them.