On January 22, 2014, S. Dale Morrey wrote:

> That's not exactly how it works.

> Truecrypt functions by hiding AES encrypted data in the "unwritten" areas

> of a hard drive, i.e. the free space.

> There can be multiple volumes and each password simply unlocks a different

> volume. But it's not the same blocks being used to store different data.

This is exactly what I figured. Still,  it was worth asking. :) Check out
what the computer guy does in the "Left Behind" series. Completely
impossible encryption, but a good story if you don't mind a story that is
not only heavily christian, but was BASED on christian teachings. To those
who are not christian, it may be offensive. Sorry to you folks. :S

> If you were smart you would have 3 or 4

> volumes containing various levels of sensitive info (since they will
assume

> if you have secured tax records, you probably do have other secret

> volumes).

Interesting idea. Can TrueCrypt support that many volumes? I haven't
actually looked at the program myself, only what was in the Maximum PC
article, and it didn't mention anything but two passwords.

> That's when you break down, admit you have

> a fetish and give them to password to the volume containing goatse or

> someother shocking (but legal) porn.

I'll leave the porn out of it, thanks. I've seen too much of what trying to
hide porn does to a person. My main concern was for privileged information
from clients, and possibly things like source code written to custom
programs (non-open source) that my company(s) might use at some time in the
future. Still, very interesting info. Thanks!
--- Dan