I'm not sure I follow your question.
You can always just disable wireless on your router and add as many
additional switches and wireless APs inside your network as you want.
I actually use my desktop as my router, and a netgear wifi router as just a
switch + AP (using openwrt)--I have all ports combined to switch. (Isn't
Linux great?)