Sorry - some more background explanation on how SB works.

With 6.3 mms streams - Slimserver sets up the stream and the SB talks
to the mms stream direct - the PC has no part except to update the
screen/ change volume etc.

In your Winamp mms test - all data is between the PC and BBC so the TCP
stats are mainly traffic between PC and internet.

In your SB mms test - the TCP statistics as measured by the PC will be
between PC and SB. The PC doesn't "see" the TCP traffic between the SB
and the BBC/internet.

So my interpretation of the data from the mms tests - your internet
connection from PC to BBC is good - no retransmits / few resets.

It looks like the connection from PC to SB is terrible - lots of
retransmits and resets but a breakdown of TCP by destination is needed
to be sure the errors were in fact between PC and SB. So my gut feel is
that the AlienBBC problem are mainly due to the BBC with some Wifi but
the BBC mms problems are due to Wifi.

With AlienBBC - TCP statistics will measure both data from BBC and also
to SB.  At first glance it confirms the issue that live connections is
more error prone - but the number don't back up the mms observations -
I would have expected a lot more retransmits with Listen Again.

I don't know if you want to investigate the issues some more - but if
you wish here are some steps.  AFAIK There is no standard Windows tool
to get a better breakdown of TCP statistics so we need to get stats for
session between PC and BBC and between PC and SB. I suggest

1. Using Softsqueeze or AlienBBC mplayer test to set up a RealAudio
session between PC and BBC (i.e. no WIfi). Check TCP stats at start and
end.

2. With no other internet traffic to/from PC. Play an audio file on SB
and look at TCP stats at the beginning and end of song - this will give
TCP stats mainly for the Wifi link.

--
bpa