bpa wrote:
> Since you are using Boom and Receiver transcoding is needed with AAC
> format.  This is a Windows issue specifically the way transcoding has to
> be implemented (i.e using socketwrapper).

This means very little to me.
Does that mean that depending on the original format of the stream, and
the type of player I'm using, determines whether extra processing /
transcoding is required?

Should I be using different streams (e.g. not DASH) and different
Streaming Preference settings in the plugin config?

Is there a lowest common denominator for the players that I have?

And if the BBC removes these streams, what are my options?  Replace the
player(s)?

bpa wrote:

> Windows does something weird in interprocess buffering and seems to
> needs lots more data than Linux or OSX. I suggest increase the
> BBCiPlayer setting "Seconds to delay start live stream" to 1 min and see
> if it improves as this will increase the amount of data quickly
> available to player shortly after pressing play.

I will up this to a minute and try it out.

bpa wrote:

> The "Live" Stream from RadioTime are in MP3 lower bitrate (also
> available in BBCiPlayer menu)  and BBC says will discontinue them in the
> future. No transcoding with MP3.
>
> edit:
>
> All logs are in the standard LMS log available through the WebUI
> Settings/Information tab.

Thank you for explaining.   This helps a lot in understanding the
differences with the iPlayer vs. other streams.

bpa wrote:

> I presume you updated the Favorite URLs after you installed 1.5.2 in
> order to be able to use DASH format.
I did not, which is why I mentioned that I could not find the BBC
iPlayer menu item, as I could not find the latest links.  I thought it
might be pertinent.
I now have the menu items and have tried these new links.  Still the
same, but I need to try the 1 min delay as mentioned earlier.