spindoctor wrote:
> I’ve started from post 1 and gone through all of the thread.  I
> have to admit to not understanding most of it.  I am a tecchie, but
> tends to be Windows related and some high level networking.  No
> experience of streaming technologies.
>
> So now having updated the LMS and the plugins and changed to DASH,
> I’m still having the same issues.  It does seem that it’s
> only the BBC iPlayer streams that are affected.
>
> I can play BBC and other radio streams from RadioTime without issue.  I
> can play other streams from podcasts and If I select BBC streams from
> BBC iPlayer Extras (which I wouldn’t normally use) they seem to
> play immediately without issue.
>
> *Separately, even after re-installing the plugins, I don’t get the
> BBC iPlayer on the menu when I connect to the web console, but I do get
> BBC iPlayer Extras.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to read this.
> Regards, Phil

I know very little about the techie side of this, but as a user who uses
favourites in the same manner and just been through resetting iplayer, a
couple of quick easy things.

BBC iPlayer has an option (top tickbox in Settings) to change it from
being under the Radio menu of the web console to being under the Apps
menu. There is no such option for Extras, which always stays in the
Radio menu. I think this is something to do with iPlayer and MySB
compatibility. Is that checked?

If you're using favourites, you're using stored URLs (which have changed
over the years). If you go in via the iPlayer plugin and select a live
stream from the Listen Live menu, does the stream start properly and are
the URLs the same? Might just need an update.

VortexBox 2.3 (Fedora Rel 20) on old Celeron laptop with mounted 2TB
drive. 2 x Squeezebox Touch, one on Yamaha YSP soundbar, one on Naim
NAIT 3R with B&W P4 speakers of 1998 vintage. PC desk using server's
built in VB (Linux Squeezlite) player, 2 x Android TV boxes with option
to run Squeeze Player, various Android tablets and phones with option to
run Squeeze Player.