Hi - thanks for the observations, bpa. So here's a couple of things I
tried yesterday:

- Using the 'native' LMS on Synology, I tried to get the iPlayer addon
working and it would not work with either its original version, the
updated version (1.5.4), or by changing the stream preferences to DASH
first, or HLS first, or a few other combos I tried. Each time, I would
just get a 'Connecting' message from the Squeezebox radio and no
catch-up streams would play
- Oddly, I could control the radio from my laptop, using the 'native'
LMS in a browser, selecting a catch-up stream, pressing play in the
browser, and it would play on the radio

Today I switched from using the 'native' LMS on Synology to the
LmsRepack, and:

- Tried using the iPlayer v1.3.1alpha3 and could not get any catch-up
streams to work either directly from the radio or via the LmsRepack
running in a browser on my laptop, but live streams were working
- I upgraded to iPlayer v1.5.4.3 and the catch-up streams play fine,
with the stream preferences set to DASH>HLS>MP3>FlashAAC. I haven't
tried any other preference order because they're working now

Menu tree was Home>Radio>BBC iPlayer>BBC 6 Music>Today>05:00 Radcliffe
and Maconie

....or several other catch-up streams I was testing - so BBC iPlayer>BBC
Radio 2>Today>Ken Bruce etc.
Transcoding was enabled in all of the above scenarios
Player is the Logitech Squeezebox Radio, not the UE version

Hope this helps and thanks for all your help - I'm very happy to have
this problem fixed!