GuruPete wrote:
> Hi Philippe,
>
> Thank you for your prompt reply, and for trying to help me.
>
> I use a Vortexbox (VB) which is connected to my modem and streams the
> files to a Squeezebox Touch (SBT) which is connected to my lounge room
> audio system. The SBT used to be connected to my Denon AVR via optical
> cable and I have used that set up to listen to my VB files (mainly 24/96
> & 24/192) since I purchased the SBT back in 2012.
>
> Recently, I have bought an Oppo UDP-203 blu-ray player and have been
> trying to take advantage of its 32 channel AKM DAC. Unfortunately, I
> have had no luck in connecting the SBT to the Oppo despite having the
> EDO app installed.
>
> So I have been using the networking feature on the Oppo to listen to my
> music files. This feature, however, is "clunky" and not as good as the
> "Squeezer" app I have been using in the past so I was hoping that your
> app would be more efficient than the Oppo Media app.
>
> I added the repository to my "Plugins" page as instructed in the thread
> link you provided, applied and restarted LMS. Still not showing in my
> plugins.
>
> I noticed a mention in your linked thread of
> "c:\programdata\squeezebox\cache\Installedplugins\plugins\upnpbridge" so
> had a look - no plugins are listed there (don't know if that matters or
> not).
>
> I've noticed, when I go into the SBT settings, that there are two
> kernels listed for downloading - EDO Release Kernel and USB Test Kernel
> #7. When I download these into the SBT it reboots but they are still
> listed in the Kernel Update setting.
>
> Again, I don't if this means anything, but thought I would mention it.
> Perhaps there is some setting in my SBT that is preventing me
> downloading.
>
> It's been a very frustrating 3 weeks since I bought the Oppo. I'm sure
> there is a way I can use its DAC,
The current thread for UPnP bridge is at
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103728-Announce-UPnPBridge-integrate-UPnP-DLNA-players-with-LMS-(squeeze2upnp)&p=820082&viewfull=1#post820082
Follow the instructions there and see if the bridge appears.

philippe44 - is there a way of making this old thread less popular?
Could I suggest you edit the first post and say DON'T USE THIS?

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.