philippe_44 wrote:
> Usually these speakers are not official AirPlay device and use a free
> version of shairport. Long story short, you need to activate the
> encryption for that device (just for this one) in the AirPlay Bridge
> plugin settings
>
> NB: for your other question, I don't have an answer. I'd need to try
> spotify (I don't have it)

Brilliant!  Enabling encryption just for that one player via the Config
file solved it, and now I have sound.  Would you expect the encryption
to add any latency that would inherently affect sync?  Now that I have
sound, its clear this device is lagging sync-wise pretty dramatically
vs. all my other players, including an AppleTV connected via the Airplay
Bridge.  Suggestions on how to best solve?

Thank you again for the great work and all the help