Antoniop,

Thanks for the Java information. I've been running the MusicMagicMixer
GUI on a Windows laptop for years, writing the analysis to the files,
and running LMS and MusicIP on Fedora Linux. I'm going to try using Java
1.5 to run the GUI on Linux, as you have recommended.

The current status of my MusicIP install on Fedora 26 is that I can run
it manually successfully after startup, but it starts and then
immediately stops without error during startup. There are no errors, at
least that I have been able to find, viewing the logs with systemctl and
journalctl. Running the service after startup asks for a password, and
then loads MusicIP headless successfully. Here are the scripts and
logs:

/etc/init.d/mmserver

# Provides:             mmserver
# Required-Start:
# Default-Start:        3 4 5
# Default-Stop:         0 1 2 6
# Short-Description:    Startup script for the MusicMagic Server
Squeezebox Server
### END INIT INFO
# Send output to syslog
# exec 1> >(logger -s -t $(basename $0)) 2>&1
# NON-PRIVILEGED USER TO RUN MUSICMAGICSERVER.
# Doesn't work with user squeezeboxserver, so use root instead.
USER=m

# PATH TO THE MUSICMAGICMIXERSERVER
export MUSICHOME=/opt/MusicMagicMixer/

case $1 in
start)
        if pgrep -f MusicMagicServer > /dev/null
then
echo "MusicIP Server is already running"
else
echo "Starting MusicIP Server"
su - $USER -c $MUSICHOME"MusicMagicServer start  & >
/dev/null"
fi
        ;;
stop)
        if pgrep -f MusicMagicServer > /dev/null
then
echo "Stopping MusicIP Server"
su - $USER -c $MUSICHOME"MusicMagicServer stop  & >
/dev/null"
else
echo "MusicIP Server is already stopped"
fi
        ;;
status)
        if pgrep -f MusicMagicServer > /dev/null
then
echo "MusicIP Server is running"
else
echo "MusicIP Server is stopped"
fi
        ;;
*)
        echo "Usage: service mmserver { start | stop | status }"
;;
esac

/ETC/SYSTEMD/SYSTEM/MMSERVER.SERVICE

[Unit]
Description=Start MusicIP Server
After=network.target
Before=squeezeboxserver.service

[Service]
Type=simple
# Environment=/opt/MusicMagicMixer
ExecStart=/bin/bash -c "echo OFF > MusicMagicServer start & >
/dev/null"
RemainAfterExit=yes
ExecStop=/bin/bash -c "echo ON > MusicMagicServer stop & > /dev/null"

[Install]
#WantedBy=basic.target
WantedBy=multi-user.target

OUTPUT FROM SYSTEMCTL STATUS MMSERVER

● mmserver.service - Start MusicIP Server
Loaded: loaded (/etc/systemd/system/mmserver.service; enabled; vendor
preset: disabled)
Active: active (exited) since Fri 2017-09-01 19:53:50 EDT; 38min ago
Process: 902 ExecStart=/bin/bash -c echo OFF > MusicMagicServer start
& > /dev/null (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 902 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Tasks: 0 (limit: 4915)
CGroup: /system.slice/mmserver.service

Thanks for the help and for spending the time to look at this!