Cut-Throat wrote:
> I have been trying the same thing the last couple days, but I cannot get
> my Rpi to point to my Synology NAS.... I have tried many times to enter
> in these boxes, but most are not accepted.... IP address is about all I
> understand here. Can you tell me exactly what you entered here?  Thanks!
> I did expand the documentation by clicking the 'red more>'.......but
> that did not do it for me.
>
> 23560

The mount point can be anything you like, it doesn't matter, it's just
an identifier for when you select the library folder in LMS settings.
(pic below)

IP address is of course the IP address of your NAS.

Share name is obvious?

Share Type, I leave it at CIFS.

Username is probably yourself?

Password is your NAS share password.

|Filename: flatcap.jpg                                              |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23563|

*Server* - LMS 7.9.1 > Raspberry Pi3/piCorePlayer 3.21, 25K library,
cache and playlists on a USB HD (formatted ntfs).
*Lounge* -  RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI
DM5
*Study* - RPi 3/piCorePlayer 3.21 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > CA Minx 5
*Dining Room* - Boom
*Garage* - RPi3/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system
*In car* - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry
DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
*Spares* - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio