SqueezeBox touch LMS says "1411kbps CBR, Ogg Vorbis (Spotify) (Converted
to PCM)" but when the same track plays perfectly on the iPhone player
(iPeng Squeeze player, not Spotify native) LMS says "320kbps CBR, Ogg
Vorbis (Spotify) (Converted to MP3)!  I have my Spotty audio quality set
to "Extreme".  I would like to get the best quality I can via the Touch,
but I think something is getting overloaded.

Go to Settings/Advanced/File Formats and disable Spotty -> PCM transcoding. This should then transcode the stream to FLAC, which requires less bandwidth - at the cost of more CPU on the server. But please give it a try.

--

Michael