mherger wrote:
> > Server log uploaded to your DropBox, Michael!  Thanks for all you do!
>
> A few days ago (July 4) there were traces of the plugin complaining
> about lack of helper app. Then those messages were gone. The latest log
>
> statement show you tried to authenticate. It's using this command:
>
> C:\PROGRA~3\SQUEEZ~1\Cache\INSTAL~1\Plugins\Spotty\Bin\MSWIN3~1\spotty.exe
>
> -c "C:\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\spotty\__AUTHENTICATE__" -n "Spotify
>
> Authorization (music01)" -u "noexit***" -p "********" -a
> --disable-discovery
>
> Could you please try to run this from a command window (with the
> asterisks replaced, of course ;-)). What would that tell you?
>
> --
>
> Michael

I see that running from the command prompt brings an instance of
spotty.exe into memory in Task Manager under my ID instead of System. If
I also bring up the Spotify Advanced Settings screen in LMS another
spotty.exe starts under the System ID.

So, I terminated the System ID spotty.exe and only ran the one from the
command prompt.  So far, no extra device has appeared the Spotify
desktop app.

I also rebooted a few times and even started a new server log.  I'll
upload the new (shorter) server log showing just what I worked on this
morning to your Dropbox.