Thanks for the quick reply - Its a dev machine, so not really sure where
that version crept in. :D

I decided to bite the bullet and purchased a separate Pi to run my
squeezebox server, but I now ran into a new issue. The paring went
smoothly, but playback stops on the AppleTV after a short while (approx
between 30 seconds and 3 min) randomly. If I press pause and play it
starts again. When synchronised with other players it just drops out of
the stream while the other two players continue to play.

Not 100% sure where to start diggin for the problem....