schoeppi wrote:
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2018 02:06:08 +0000, philippe_44 wrote:
> >
> > schoeppi wrote:
> >> I've attached a log now. I've started to play a playlist from Spotify
> >> and the first track was played. When I skipped to the second track no
> >> sound was present but I saw in iPeng that the track is playing. When
> >> skipping to the third track all was fine again and I was able to hear
> >> the song.
> >>
> >> Maybe you can see something in the log, I did found nothing :-).
> >>

> > If you look at line 833, this is where the error occurs. Here I send
> the
> > information for the next stream and, although it's the same syntax &
> > data than any previous or following one, it answers with a RTSP error.
> > This is a sort of "low level" error I have no idea why it happens. How
> > often does it happen? Is this really only when you skip tracks
> > "manually".
>
> Yes, it happens only if I skip tracks back and for manualy. If I play a
> playlist without interacting manualy everything is fine.
>
> When starting a playlist the first track is played. If I skip manualy to
> the second track it is not played. Skipping to the third track would
> start playing the song. Skipping to the fourth track causes again no
> output. It seems that only every second track causes problems.
>
> When no sound is played I can see in iPeng that pause is enabled, but at
> the same time I can see that the time how long the track is played is
> rising. Very strange :-).
>
> If if send a AirPlay stream via my iPhone directly to the player I do
> not have those problems.
>
> >  Can you try enable encryption? It is obviously not needed
> > but I'm wondering if the player is simply not unhappy because of the
> > (too) fast chaining of RTSP commands.
>
> Enabling encryption does not help. It makes things more random I think,
> because now not only every second track is not played, but sometimes it
> works, sometimes not. But it does not solve the issue :-(.
>
> Can I do something else to solve the problem or to provide more infos to
> you regarding the issue?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Schoepp

The only hypothesis I have is timing, which would explain well why every
other track fails. I will try to do a build with a delay between track
changes, but if it solves the problem is sort of indicates something
with your player. It might not be visible with iPhone or iTunes because
the change is not as quick

AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5