rgdawson wrote:

> Version 1.6.5 was when I included a newer version of squeezelite-win.exe
> (1.9.0-1112).  Maybe that has something to do with it.

In case it helps:

I was using the stand-alone installer and when I upgraded to 1.6.5 I got
the same error when using WDM-KS for my external DAC that had worked
with all previous versions. I assumed an issue with the updated
squeezelite build. However, when I switched to using 1.6.5 from the
Windows Store, it worked fine. The same pattern holds for all versions
since 1.6.5: WDM-KS works with Windows Store, doesn't work with
stand-alone installer (WASAPI works with both on my system).