holst1966 wrote:
> Hi
> Wow, just found your application and realize that this would be a great
> function to get implemented on my LMS setup that consists of 4 players,
> however im new to HASSIO and not sure how this should be done.
> The lack of interest from the community lately might be due to the level
> of implementation, at least in my eyes this is a bit complicated.
> Also, its actually just now that this can be an option for us in Sweden
> as we now finally got the google assistant available in stores and also
> working with Swedish language, dont know if we must change anything in
> your configuration to get this to work with other languages.
>
> I have installed HASSIO on a PI and i can run it from outside over
> Duckdns and I understand what to do in the "configuration.yaml"-file but
> i don't understand where to put the shell files, if this is explained in
> your instructions then i have missed it completely.
>
> Thanks for your effort, I would love to make this work.

Hi, I will try to address your items one at a time here.  So here goes:

- Yes it's a bit complicated to setup, but is quite flexible in what
  it can do.  I still use it all the time for simple music requests.  An
  alternate method would be to use IFTT with Google HOME but I believe
  LMS installation would then have to be exposed to the internet (not
  very secure).  IFTT approach is not as flexible as the DialogFlow
  approach.
- Didn't know Google Home wasn't available in Sweden until just
  recently.  Not sure how well it functions in Swedish but in English,
  the AI speech interpreter is excellent and easily picks up the request
  including (usually) proper spelling of artists names, etc..
- Not sure if Google DialogFlow language change is easily done, one
  fellow here used Italian but was having some trouble making it work I
  believe.  You can certainly re-create the intent in Swedish and
  proceed that way, automatic language conversion, not so sure.
- As for how to install the files, in the GITHUB project under the
  https://github.com/ynot123/LMS_Controls/tree/master/HomeAssistant/config,
  all these files need to be modified to suit your application
  environment.  There is a README.md file in that directory that goes
  through the required changes.  You create a sub directory under config
  directory called shell and this is where the shell files reside.
-  If you carefully follow the instructions, you should be able to
  make it work, several others have with little assistance.  Bear in
  mind, the following things need to be completed and functioning to
  make the full install work:  LMS server, Home Assistant (HASSIO),
  Google Home (or assistant), DialogFlow.

If I might add a bit, while the solution is a bit convoluted, the
addition of Home Assistant allows you to create a fully operational home
automation system controlling lights, heat, cameras, alarm systems,
sprinklers, weather forecasting, who's home.  With it you can create all
kinds of automation scripts to trigger based on time of day, location of
people, mood, weather, activity, etc..  There is significant power and
flexibility there.  This is why I chose it to control and automate the
LMS Server.  Home Assistant also functions very well on a phone and the
interface to LMS server works pretty well even without Google Home or
Assistant.

Just my 2 cents, there is more than one way to "skin the cat", but this
method seems to work pretty well for me at least and was a great
learning experience.

Ynot.

*software* - logitech media server version: 7.9.1, home assistant
0.75.3, dialogflow - v.2 api, lms controls app - voice control of lms,
openmediavault 4.1.9 - storage
*add-ons* - spotty, upnp / dlna bridge, chromecast bridge,
*players* - sonos, upnp, pi3 - pi core player 3.5.0, android- sb player
v1.4.0, airplay to googlehome and minis
*hardware* - server - i7-3.4ghz, 4gb ram, 6tb storage, debian - 4.16.5