Thanks for the speedy responses.  I think your feeling could be right.
I use my Classic 90% of the time and that has the issue.  It gives
"Stopped" on the first Play press, and "Item not found" or similar on
subsequent presses.  I tried the Duet and it behaves exactly as the
Classic, i.e. only playing mp3.

However, the Radio behaves exactly as it should, playing all versions of
Listen Again.

I have done nothing to the system, I went on holiday on 16th and all was
well.  I got back last night and the Classic wasn't working.

For the record I did upgrade the OS a week before the holiday and
reinstalled LMS.  However, as above, LMS was working fine on the new
installation.

Any idea what could be happening and, more importantly, how I fix it?

Rock 64, 1Gb DRAM, Open Media Vault (OMV)/Debian 4.1.8.2-1 (Arrakis),
Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522157629

Squeezebox Classic
Squeezebox Duet
Squeezebox Radio