slackhead wrote:
> Which leaves DNS as the likely issue.  I'll explore this a bit further
> and report back.

I've managed to get the UK streams working \o/

I configured my server so that DNS requests from LMS were being routed
direct through my ISP, along with the client traffic, and this got it
working.  So it does appear that server DNS is important after all.

Interestingly,   I tried switching my VPN to a UK based server for both
DNS and other traffic and this did not work for the UK streams.  Seems
the BBC are hot on the VPN issue and are actively blocking known
servers, even when UK based.

One thing that confuses me still is that having the player set to
'Direct Streaming' rather than 'Proxied' makes no difference - the
server DNS still seems to matter.  I would have expected all the DNS
requests in this mode to be from the player.  But I guess I have this
wrong.

Also, I still don't understand why my old configuration was working fine
with 1.6.0, but with 1.6.1 it doesn't ....!

Anyway, thanks bpa for the ongoing support - iPlayer is a big part of
why I stick with LMS.  Much appreciated.