Man in a van wrote:
> I'm now using on the Shuttle and that gives instant playback start on
> the live BBC

Yes - it's not processor power related - it's simply Windows and
socketwrapper. I am hoping it is a bug related to the fact now that
multiple cores are commonplace especially in i7 processors -
socketwrapper creates mulitple threads and processes but it was written
when one or two cores were the norm and usually Windows stuff used at
least one core.  Alternatively it could be a Windows thing -
socketwrapper is a commandline app and MS changed cmd.exe to cohost.exe
in Win7 with more changes in 8/10 as well as some other internal
scheduler/protection changes - I could end up looking for a badly
documented bit setting on some API call.

A few years ago, it took months to find a bug the last time I looked at
socketwrapper - I'm not eager to start looking again - the whole
development & test environment required is just painful.